h. pylori dizziness and brain fog symptoms anyone?

The various unpleasant manifestations of Helicobacter can be described here. Remember however that the great majority of persons with Hp have no symptoms that they are aware of and consider themselves normal.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

DonaAta

h. pylori dizziness and brain fog symptoms anyone?

Post by DonaAta » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:49 am

3 Weeks straight before the antibiotics I was 24\7 dizzy even woke up often during the night from dizziness. Other symptoms before the antibiotic's treatment: tingling sensation on left side of my belly (no pain) constipation, weight lost and feeling full after eating a bit.

When I started the antibiotics I felt really good no symptoms, except the metallic taste which was not that bad at all.

I finished the 10 day antibiotics and 2 days after, I am again dizzy and brain fogged. Getting also after the treatment some under rib burning sensation now and then during the day especially when I eat more (didn't have the burning (pins and needles)sensation before the treatment, but only had before the treatment tingling, tickling on left side of belly) but the most that makes me not functioning at all is the brain fog. I am so anxious that the dizziness\brain fog returned.

Anyone had that symptom? I wonder if this is related to h pylori.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: h. pylori dizziness and brain fog symptoms anyone?

Post by Helico_expert » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:01 am

I dont think its H. pylori related. But, please get a follow up breath test a month later. You can take ranitidine to control your acid if you have reflux symptoms.

marshlongman

Post by marshlongman » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:20 am

Hi @DonaAta. I have been feeling similar symptoms, any updates on your side?

hadmiral

Post by hadmiral » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:53 pm

I have had the exact symptoms. I still have them but less strong. Please let me know if you have any improvements.

pickles

Post by pickles » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:49 pm

I have the same symptoms as well. I have taken strong antibiotic courses in the past and always feel great and happy. Then a few days later, I start to get the bad taste in my mouth again and all the same symptoms come rushing back and I get chest flutters and anxiety attacks. Now that I know how difficult it is to fully eradicate these little bugs, I will insist on starting with the stronger course of antibiotics.

THe info I am finding about the connection between depression and anxiety and H Pylori is conflicting, but to me it would make sense that if we have a chronic infection wreaking havoc, our brains will be on constant alert and fight mode. It's the same with autoimmune diseases with a depression/anxiety link. It could be our brain's way of telling us something is wrong and we need help. All I know is, I never had a moment of depression until the time I can trace back to my initial infection. Along with many other symptoms that worsened.

I do wonder, however, if you must be pre-disposed for anxiety/depression in order for the H Pylori to effect that? Lots of research still needing to be done, but I'm leaning towards them being connected. I'll report back though once I begin treatment!

Return to “Diseases and Symptoms 疾病与症状”