Continuing gut pain after triple therapy

The various unpleasant manifestations of Helicobacter can be described here. Remember however that the great majority of persons with Hp have no symptoms that they are aware of and consider themselves normal.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

Theresa

Continuing gut pain after triple therapy

Post by Theresa » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:51 pm

Wondering if anyone has experience of gut pain continuing after triple therapy. Gastrodoc did a gastroscopy at 10 days inyo treatment and said all is well - no ulcers or gastritis but I still have pain as if I have ulcers or gastritis. He didn't see anything so says h pylori not the cause of the pain. Does this make sense to anyone. I have not been able to eat much for almost 4 months now. Would appreciate thoughts. Finished triple therapy 2 days ago and pain is bad. Thank you.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Continuing gut pain after triple therapy

Post by Helico_expert » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:16 pm

pains could due to
inflammation that is close to the nerve.
gall stone.
swelling of lymph nodes.

Theresa

Post by Theresa » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:00 pm

Thank you. So other than gall stone. Is the other issues just a wait and see situation?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:47 am

Yes. But gall stone is usually very sharp pain. You wont be able to move. Can be diagnosed by ultrasound.

other pains, you can perhaps try wait it out or talk to your doctor about pain killer.

Theresa

Post by Theresa » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:05 am

I suppose I am also asking whether tissue can be inflamed or irritated but not show on a gastroscopy.
Doesnt make sense that u feel bad but nothing is visible. It's like doc thinks h pylori is just incidental to the pain but not related. Any thoughts?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:12 am

So how's your pain today?

not all pain is visible by gastroscopy and ultrasound.

Theresa

Post by Theresa » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:29 am

Different every day. Today sharp pains and bloating and it feels like my insides are going to jump out. Keep drinking probiotics and taking tylenol but unsure what else to do at this point. If I didn't have to work one could probably deal better with it but am glad to have a job! Thank you. Unsure if anything else I can do. No appointment available until end of Jan next yr with gastrodoc so you just have to tough it out i guess! Thank you.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:34 am

you need to wait another week and then get another breath test to find out if H. pylori is still there.

Theresa

Post by Theresa » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:16 am

I think too soon for further breath test. Only stopped treatment a week ago and still on ppi.
Am going in next week to have arge abdominal hernia repaired. May help with some of pain. Fingers crossed. Thank you for all comments.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:07 am

if you are still on PPI, then you cannot do breath test. You need to stop PPI too for at least 2 weeks before breath test.

If you still have symptoms and need PPI, you can consider switching to Ranitidine for 2-3 weeks. Ranitidine is a weaker acid blocker and will not affect breath test.

Return to “Diseases and Symptoms 疾病与症状”