Low libido

The various unpleasant manifestations of Helicobacter can be described here. Remember however that the great majority of persons with Hp have no symptoms that they are aware of and consider themselves normal.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

Sajal

Low libido

Post by Sajal » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:06 pm

Hi there..
I am h pylori free for over 4 months now.
I am currently taking two medicines: Ranitidine (300mg twice daily) and (Acotiamide100 mg thrice daily)

I have been on ranitidine for over a month now.The issue is now I am facing problems of low libido. My sexual life was fine untill recently when I realised that I don't enjoy the sex like I used to be; however, I do have a proper erection and I can ejaculate. The only thing concerning is that I seem to have lost the sensuality.
Sorry to post such questions here but I am too much concerned about it
I have heard that Ranitidine is responsible for low libido.If that is the case, can stopping ranitidine would solve the libido issue?
The thing is I am not actually sure that which of the two medicines (acotiamide or ranitidine) is responsible for low libido.

Please enlighten me

barjammar
Site Admin

Re: Low libido

Post by barjammar » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:54 am

Both drugs but more likely the second could temporarily affect erectile function and/or libido. It’s in the fine print. I suggest you cease acotiamide to see. You could also switch ranitidine to omeprazole 20mg once or twice daily. This is really a discussion for your family doctor. It sounds a bit psychosomatic actually. Please keep balance in your life.
Check the link below for information on hard-to-treat cases. Then search the forums for questions and answers similar to yours.
docs/200808%20stenstrom%20Hp%20Treatment.pdf

Return to “Diseases and Symptoms 疾病与症状”